Name adoption list of Eppelsheim, 1808
|No.||Name of Declarant||Familyname||First name old||First name new||Relationship||Date of birth|
|1||Lazarus Beer Mendle||Levis||Lazarus|
|2||Levis||Bäunle||Barbara||spouse of Lazarus Levis|
|3||Levis||Mendle||Emanuel||son||24 February 1799|
|4||Levis||Eissik||Isaak||son||24 February 1801|
|5||Levis||Mosche||Jacques||son||14 October 1802|
|6||Levis||Hanne||Jeanette||daughter||15 June 1804|
|7||Levis||Gentle||Kunigunde||daughter||3 September 1807|
|9||Herz||Judle||Judithe||spouse of Michel Herz|
|10||Herz||Merian||Mariane||daughter||20 March 1790|
|11||Herz||Hanna||Jeanette||daughter||6 March 1792|
|12||Herz||Gendle||Kunigunde||daughter||6 June 1794|
|13||Herz||Esther||Sare||daughter||25 July 1796|
|14||Herz||Magol||Michel||son||1 December 1799|
|15||Herz||Rehle||Regine||daughter||9 January 1802|
|16||Herz||Vohle||Philippine||daughter||17 December 1804|
|17||Herz||Gitle||Agathe||daughter||14 January 1806|
|21||Schloss||Clare||Clare||spouse of Isaac Schloss|
|22||Schloss||Eùßig||Isaak||son||11 December 1799|
|23||Schloss||Heirem||Jacques||son||13 August 1801|
|24||Schloss||Hahne||Jean||son||4 October 1803|
|25||Schloss||Samel||Samuel||son||3 October 1805|
|26||Schloss||Seligman||Salomon||son||1 October 1807|
|27||Rehse Loeb||Neuheusser||Therese||widow of Magol Gumerz|
|29||Levis||Ziper||Sare||spouse of Emanuel Levis|
|30||Levis||Mosche||Mose||son||8 January 1808|
1) The LEVIS's in 1, 28, and 31 are siblings (based on death records in Eppelsheim).
2) The HAHN's in 18 and 19, and Clare SCHLOSS in 21 are siblings (based on death records in Eppelsheim).
3) The first and last names of the declarants in 19 and 20 are reversed. Other records show their names to be Elchanan (Hahn) ISAAK and Loeb ISAAK. It may have something to do with one taking his first name and using it as his new family name, and the other taking his family name and using it as his new first name.
4) There are two name adoption registers in Eppelsheim, one dated, 26 Oct 1808 and the other, 9 Dec 1808. In the 26 Oct 1808 register, Hanne (#6) appears as Hanna, and Gumerz (#27) appears as Gumperz.
5) Four of the HERZ children are listed in the register with a date of birth that is in discrepancy with their birth certificate (#4 - #7).